Friday, September 5, 2008

Dylan's Birthday

Today I spent the whole day in the world of a five year old who was high on the excitement of celebrating his sixth birthday. Oh, my! I conveniently forgot what little boys are made of. I don't think he sat still more than the time he was in my car going to school and then back in my car while driving to dinner tonight. He was a wild child, giggling, laughing, jumping up and down. His energy level made me tired just watching.

Thank goodness he was fairly settled for school. Settled at least until 2:05 today when the fire alarm went off and we all had to trek outside and wait for 30 minutes while the determination of what caused the alarm to go off was made. It had something to do with the outside sprinklers, but goodness, by the time we all got back inside there were more than a few excited children.

As soon as everyone got back inside and settled, Dylan handed his kindergarten class cupcakes for his birthday. Thank goodness there was enough time for that, because failure to eat those cupcakes might have caused a major meltdown for birthday boy.

Pictures will have to wait until tomorrow. As soon as dinner was over, Dylan, Leigh, Shane and Cole went off to watch Shane play hockey in Frisco. Tomorrow Dylan has 3 soccer games. I hope he stays awake!!

1 comment:

Serita D said...

Hey Gayle! Who is Dylan's kinder teacher? I am so happy he got to eat the cupcakes.