Sunday, September 21, 2008

When I was a BU Coed




Sometimes it is very hard to think about how far removed I am from my coed days at Bloomsburg University, then Bloomsburg State College. I spent some very happy years at BU, as a class leader, sorority member, and RA. I made some lasting friendships--people with whom I am still friends and with whom I enjoy spending time. But can it be that many years ago? I don't really feel that much older. I can still remember football games, wrestling meets, basketball games, even swim meets--only because a good friend was on the team. :-)

I remember sorority and fraternity functions, some a little wilder than others. Concerts by some of the hot groups, which will definitely give away the time frame; The Association, BS&T, The Loving Spoonful. I remember graduation, which occurred just a few days after my 21st birthday, early on a Sunday afternoon. My best friend and I managed to down a couple bloody marys before hand. I remember how proud my mom and dad were that their only child was a college graduate.

A long time ago, a wise and dear friend told me to treasure the special moments for much later times when I was rocking away my hours. She was right. Those very special moments will be with me for a long time.

No comments: