Monday, January 5, 2009

First Day Back to Work

I'd been looking forward to it for several days. I enjoyed my time off, but was getting just a little bit bored. Eric and I had made plans to switch cars this morning as the small car needed to be inspected. Dylan and I were on the way to the big car when he suddenly decided he better make a trip to the bathroom before leaving. I thought I'd load up the car, start it and go wait for him inside. After all it was 32 degrees and rainy this morning at 7 AM. When Dylan and I came back outside to get into the car I discovered that the car doors were locked, with the car running and the keys inside. I have never done this before and this was the wrong time to start as the second set of keys for this car had been lost by my son. My husband and son tried to pop the window enough to get to the lock, but instead ended up shattering the window. I wasn't around to see that part, since Eric had given me the keys to the other car and sent Dylan and me off to school. Thank goodness DJ had his back pack. I, on the other hand, had nothing--no purse, phone, drivers license, work keys, fob for getting into the building, coffee, lunch--just my coat and car keys! Let's just say it was an expensive day--and left us all slightly off kilter--you know how it is when your day starts off wrong.

1 comment:

Serita D said...

Yuck! That is a bad way to start a Monday morning after we have been off. But years from now you will lol about it.