Sunday, August 24, 2008

First Day of School

"Tomorrow is another day," as Scarlet O'Hara once told us. It's also another start of school for me. There have been lots of first days of school in my life, first as a student, then as a teacher, then as a mom with two children, then as a librarian and tomorrow will be the first day of kindergarten for my grandson, Dylan. I am excited that he and I will be going to school together every day.

I am thrilled to be starting another year as a librarian, my 13th, in a brand new building. We still have books coming in, and computers that are not 100% operational, but things are moving along smoothly and I look forward to having kids in the library before too long.

1 comment:

The Rowles said...

Glad things are going well! Freeman had a good day today too. Gayle you should see my classroom! You would be so PROUD of my library! Have a great first week!!!!