Sunday, August 3, 2008

Open Hernia Surgery

I had an incisional hernia repair last Monday. After two days in the hospital I was released on Wednesday afternoon and returned home with staples and a wound drain. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and hopefully both will come out. All in all, the experience was not too bad. I don't remember one thing from the OR. Those pre-op drugs are good!!

I had an IV and catheter in until midday on Tuesday when both came out. I haven't been taking anything but a strong NAISAID for pain and am taking a strong antibiotic to prevent infection. I don't like being sick or restricted but am trying really hard to stick close to a comfy chair and my bed. I am wearing a band which the doctor recommends using for at least 4-6 weeks. I won't argue. It is nice to be waited on!!

No comments: