Saturday, August 9, 2008

Shopping at NorthPark

I hadn't really been out of the house in two weeks, unless you count the visit to Plano Presby to get the staples out. I was tired of being housebound, so we sent Ian to grandma's house and went to the mall. I love Northpark. I mean, who wouldn't love a mall with Neiman's, Nordstrom, Macy's, Dillards, Coldwater Creek--and of course Build a Bear. I think my husband, Eric, likes that store even more than Dylan and I do. When I was in the hospital Eric went there and had a black lab made, put it in nurse's scrubs and christened her Lizzie, one of my nicknames. I usually end up taking my build-a-bear babies to school for my library. I have a bear named Mo, who during hockey season sports a Stars uniform. He appeared on Tiger News Network this past year, when the Stars were in the playoffs. The students just loved him.

Back to Northpark! I splurged on makeup at Nordstrom. Afterall, I go back to school in a week--gotta look good. Of course, I also visited Bath and Body works and stopped by Coldwater Creek. Saw a great shirt there, that I have to have, but I am stilling thinking about color. The white one is nice, but I love the blue one--which one shall it be? If you are familiar with Northpark you know that Coldwater Creek is right next door to the Apple store--Eric's favorite place at the mall. We didn't go in today, though. The lines are still long for the Apple phone--my goodness--what's the big deal? It's a phone, people. Eric said they are making 800,000 a week and still can't keep up with the demand. We didn't even try to go in--some of those line waiters looked hostile.

Next weekend I am going to the mall with Leigh and Dylan in tow. It's tax free weekend and Dylan starts kindergarten at La Villita on August 25. Since it is a uniform school Dylan needs to stock up on red, blue, white and green polos and khaki pants.

1 comment:

The Trost's said...

I can't believe Dylan is going to be in Kindergarten. That just can't be!