Saturday, August 16, 2008

New and beautiful







I returned to work officially on August 13. It wasn't exactly what I expected as contractors were still working on electric for the computers in the library, so there was not much I could do in there. I did get help moving some shelves so the layout is looking the way I want it too. The room is breathtaking. The library is not particularly large, but feels expansive because of the high ceilings and wonderful windows. For the first three days, the room was cluttered with my boxes and the tools and materials of several electrical contractors. I am happy to say that they finally finished up on Friday afternoon. The floors will be cleaned and waxed this weekend so it will be ready for the children in just a week.
Eric came up on Friday and moved a lot of my boxes and helped me empty them. I have very little storage space so I'll have to be judicious about what I keep and what I don't keep. I will definitely need a place to store my seasonal decorations.
The next week will be busy as I hustle to get books and materials in their place. I can't wait to see the kids and their reaction to this beautiful new building.






My books arrived on Friday and the boxes were placed inside the library so the floors in the hallway would be clear. Can't wait to open them and start shelving the new books.

No comments: